Friday, August 17, 2012

Food For The Soul Friday!! Trusting in His plan.

Food For The Soul Friday
Trusting in His plan.


Let me start of by saying, I believe in miracles.  I believe Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever and He still performs healing miracles through the Holy Spirit.

That being said...
A couple of weeks ago, I took my oldest to have an allergy test.  When he was one, he was diagnosed with a peanut allergy.  It's not severe, like when he smells it he stops breathing, but he does break out in hives all over his body and experience vomiting and a scratchy throat.  We laid hands on him and prayed for his healing.  God did show up, and my son felt his presence.  Having a positive attitude and believing for his healing we went along the last couple weeks proclaiming that he had been healed, and we were waiting for the results to confirm.  I got the call yesterday and his levels were still high, indicating that he had not been healed of his peanut allergy. 

I was upset at first.  All I could think of is how this would affect Isaac's faith.  The Lord kept encouraging me telling me that He alone knows what is best for Isaac and I should trust in His plan.  I can't wrap my mind around why God does what He does.  But I know one thing is for sure.  He has never let me down.  My prayers are always answered in God's time.

A song by Jake Hamilton describes this greatly for me:

It's all gonna be okay, it's all gonna be okay, it's all gonna be okay, it's all gonna be okay

For I know, if you're eye is on the sparrow, then your heart is on me, yes I know, if you're eye is on the sparrow, then your heart is on me.  It's all gonna be okay!

So simple and so true.  The Word says:
 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matt 10:31

A friend sent me an encouraging word today, so fitting for my son in this situation. 
Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

We all desire for Isaac to be healed.  God knows our desires and he longs for us to delight in Him.  It's hard to delight in the Lord when we haven't received what we've prayed for.  But regardless of that, we have to keep our eyes on Him. 

As I prayed for the words to tell Isaac that he is still allergic to peanuts, the Lord spoke to me and gave me this verse.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

I believe that Isaac will be healed of this allergy in God's time.  Until then, I know that God will use this scary, inconvenient allergy for the good of Isaac and the Kingdom.  I will be excitedly waiting to see how this plan of God's plays out.  While I'm waiting I will delight in the Lord, trust in His plan, and know in my soul that He cares for my son more than I ever could.

Blessings,

Crunchy Katie





9 comments:

  1. Well said Katie! I love reading your words, they are so positive and uplifting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep having faith.. everything WILL be okay and God will help your family through this :) blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely put! Our oldest also has a nut allergy (and also diagnosed at age 1!), she only reacts if she ingests them but if she does she goes into an anaphylatic reaction. So scary but we too pray and hope that God will heal our little one too. Until then I have engrained into her to always ask if anything has nuts and she is very good about understanding that some foods can make her sick. She amazes me in her understanding at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a struggle living with food allergies, isn't it? Praying for healing in our family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely put. God's timing isn't always as fast as we'd like, but it is perfect!
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a reason for everything! It's God's plan. It makes no sense to us why things work out the way they do but all we can do is pray and hope for the best. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard sometimes to keep in mind that even though God is present and answers our prayers, he doesn't always answer "yes"... sometimes it's a "not yet" or "no". Maybe he has something in your son's future where his allergy may help him minister to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, needed this!

    ReplyDelete