Friday, August 3, 2012

Food for the Soul Friday!! Just BELIEVE!

I am quite a thinker. All day, every day, I'm thinking and wondering about all kinds of things. When I look outside I wonder just how it is that all of the things in nature work so perfectly together.  The birds eat the worms, the deer wander around eating what deer eat, the rain waters the trees, the sun helps them grow...it just goes on and on.  Then I stand in awe.  In awe of the Creator.

  When I read verses in the Bible, I ponder about what it really means. One day as I read this verse:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

It just hit me. I even opened my mouth in amazement! Could it really be that easy? Could we really ask for something in prayer, then just believe it and it would be ours? I couldn't believe it (no pun intended). But then I noticed something else...

These are red words in the Bible, that means they are straight out of Jesus' mouth.

So then it has to be true. Still in shock, I searched for the definition of the word BELIEVE just to make sure. Here's what Merriam-Webster says: to accept something as true, genuine, or real

Now I really start thinking.  To accept something.  Accept?  Hmmm, I wonder what accept means?  So I go back to Merriam-Webster.

 Here's what accept means:

to receive willingly
to recognize as true

OK.  So all I have to do to receive what I pray for is to recognize it as true, and willingly receive it. 

Sounds simple, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around how easy this verse makes it seem.

I remembered a book that I read that changed my life.  The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.

Joyce writes:

"The Bible makes it clear that the mind is the leader or forerunner of all actions.  Proverbs 23:7 tells us:  "For as he" [a person] "thinks in his heart, so is he..." (also see Romans 8:5.)

If we renew our mind according to God's Word, we will, as Romans 12:2 promises, prove for ourselves "what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" for our lives.  If we think and dwell on negative thoughts, we will have a negative life."

*Taken from The Battlefield of the Mind, Winning the Battle in Your Mind Study Guide.*

And then it was real.  I got it.  I knew it was all about the battle between good and evil inside my mind.  All I had to do was choose the thought that lined up with the Word of God.  The thought that gave me unexplainable peace like Philippians 4:7 says. 

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I read the verse again.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it, and it will be yours.  Mark 11:24.

I choose to believe.  I believe with all of my heart that my God hears my prayers and cares (1 Peter 5:7) about my deepest desires (Psalm 37:4).  And I believe that he is a faithful God and he keeps his promises.  I believe that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).  I believe that He can do whatever he wants to, even if I can't fathom it.  I believe.  And that gives me peace.  Not even quiet peace, excited peace.

I sit here today with a huge smile on my face and a heart that's about to explode with excited peace. 
God gave me a huge revelation about BELIEVING.  Now it's my job to pass it on.

What are you praying for today?  Leave a comment below and I will BELIEVE with you in prayer!!

God Bless You,

Crunchy Katie 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Crunchy Katie! This post spoke to me and is exactly what I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled upon your blog. im so glad i did,loving what you have on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it really be that easy? Yes, it can. So why do I walk around like the weight of the world is on my shoulders when Jesus wants to take all these burdens from me? Thank you for this reminder today that I can trust God to do what He says He will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed this today! thank you for you sharing! Sometimes we need to just hand it over and let things be how they shall be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post, Katie! Thank you for the reminder :) It really is easy!

    ReplyDelete