Friday, September 30, 2011

There's never enough time

Do you all ever feel that way???

I do.  Daily.  I can never find enough time to do all the things I want to do, and see all the people I want to see.  There is certainly never enough time to get the house as clean and organized as I want it.  But the reasons why there is never enough time to do all those things have names.  They are a gift from God.  They are Isaac, Hannah, Joshua and Eli! 

I thought this year, with 3 of the 4 reasons in school all day, that I would have a cleaner more organized house!  I thought that I would have more time to ME.  I thought that I would be able to nap if I wanted.  Boy was I wrong.  Time has a funny way of speeding up between the hours of 7:45am and 2:20 pm. I've realized that I absolutely need to make a schedule.  I'm talking a strict, time hacking, schedule.  One that has specific chores and errands on it.  I even need to add time in for snacks and lunch.

Does this sound fun.  No way!!  I am a pretty relaxed person.  I mostly feel like someday it will all get done so why worry about it each day.  It really takes the fun out of living when you worry daily about what you didn't get done!! 

I must say, however, that as much as I don't mind letting some things go, my husband is the total opposite.  I know he feels disrespected if I don't get certain things accomplished.  I try my hardest to at least get the dishes done and carpet vacuumed before he gets home from work.  That seems easy enough.  But really, he wants more.  He would love everything in it's perfect place.  Shining and sparkling like it's just been spit polished by a Marine.  Honestly, I would love to give that to him. 

I have decided that I am going to make a serious effort to accomplish a few extra things for my husband.

-Bathrooms:  I can manage to clean 2 of the 3 each week.  I have to admit I have a hard time cleaning his bathroom.  I am quite sure he acquired some sort of parasite while deployed in Iraq which causes his toilet to resemble that of a gas station bathroom's.  He is a clean man!  Always smelling so nice.  Hair always perfectly blown dry and gelled up to the perfect height.  That is why I can't for the life of me figure out why his shower looks like a Motel 8 shower.  People, it really is that bad!!  I am not exaggerating!!  I promise you that if I cleaned that bathroom daily.  He would be the happiest husband alive.  That is my challenge.  To show him I love him and respect him by cleaning his bathroom.  I am not playing around here.  That is his Love Language.  Acts of Service.  He loves it when I clean the house and cook for him and serve him breakfast, lunch and dinner!!  So here I go.  Cleaning and serving joyfully!!

-Laundry:  I am sure you can imagine the amount of laundry we have with 4 kids in the house.  It is overwhelming.  I can never seem to get on top of it!!  I have to brag on my husband here.  He helps with laundry.  He does his own for one.  Won't allow me to do it for him.  Secondly, he will spend the weekend washing all the kids clothes.  Come Monday, I am left with Mount Salvador on my love seat to fold and put away!!  Did I mention I hate folding clothes?  I will wash and dry them, no problem.  Folding and putting away...that's another story!  So I'm sure you can guess my challenge.  It would be to keep up on the laundry so well, that my husband would never have to touch an article of our children's clothes.  That he would never have to come in from a long day at work and see piles of folded (or unfolded) clothes on the couch.  I think this is doable!  If I just do 1 load a day, just ONE, and do it all the way...I can accomplish this!! 

So, I have my work cut out for me don't I???  I know I can do it!!  I know I can do it!!!  Schedule, schedule, schedule!!!  Pep talk....over.  Here I go!!


Blessings,

Crunchy Katie   

No comments:

Post a Comment