Friday, September 9, 2011

My Stove

I worked out today.  But not the way you may be thinking.  You see, my stove is a mess!  I mean a nasty, cooked on, brown mess.  I know, I know.  I should just clean it every time I use it, but with 4 little ones and a house to maintain you'll understand how things like that slip through the cracks. 

It was a good work out.  My arms are sore.  My back is a little sore too.  And I smell like the lovely cleaner I used to scrub, and scrub, and scrub the burner covers.  Although I'm sore, I am proud.  I feel like I just ran a marathon.  Not physically, but emotionally.  I accomplished something.  Something hard.  And now when I look at my stove, I am happy and can spark a tiny smile knowing that I did that!!

Now, to keep it that way.  I have a wonderful husband, who is not afraid to help clean.  He is the most helpful husband I know.  He vacuums, sweeps, does dishes and does laundry.  But he doesn't do stove tops!  You see, we have a system.  After I cook dinner, and we eat.  I go off an bathe the children and get them ALL ready for bed while he cleans up.  It works out great!  And I am thankful for the help.  I can't imagine having to bathe all the kids, brush and floss their teeth, put their pajamas on, read stories for all, prayers and hugs and kisses and then....CLEAN the kitchen!!  Did I mention how thankful I am to have a husband who cleans!! 

So, I've decided that after I'm done cooking, before I serve everyone dinner, I am going to clean the stove!  Then it will be done and I won't have to say my only workout for the day was scrubbing the burners!!

On another note!  I received my Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil in the mail today!  I will give a try for the next few days and then post my review along with a giveaway from Earth Mama Angel Baby!!  Stay tuned!! 

Happy Scrubbing and Blessings,

Crunchy Katie

2 comments:

  1. I miss cleaning your kitchen. Mom's kitchen isn't the same! Your's was always funner to clean. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what a wonderful feeling you get when everything sparkles! Especially the stove! Love you!

    ReplyDelete