Thursday, August 25, 2011

Earthquakes, hurricanes, and the first day of school...OH MY!!

For those of you who haven't heard, there was an earthquake in Virginia on Tuesday.  We are in Maryland and felt every second of it!  I am a calm person, and having been through a couple of prior earthquakes, I was not too shaken by it.  My kids must have inherited my calmness because they weren't phased either!  My littlest boy, who is 3, was with a friend at the time and using the bathroom when the quake began.  He was a bit freaked out, but everyone was safe. 

The next day was the first day of school!  We woke up extra early and walked to school together.  Neither of them even wanted a hug from mom.  My boy, even wiped away the kiss that I had to beg for!  Oh my are they growing up.  I was sad to see them go, but happy that they are growing into comfortably independent children.  Not to mention, now I will have a little more time to get stuff done around this place!    The Kindergartner starts next week and it will be just me and my little helper!  Eli is a fall baby, and will have to wait another year for PreK.  So he'll learn a lot this year about cleaning and organizing.  We have a lot to do before baby #5 gets here in February. 

Now it looks like Hurricane Irene is on her way and she's strangely heading right for the Northeast!!  I've been through tropical storms as well, so I am believing all will be fine.  I need to stock up on water and maybe some matches, cause I'm sure we'll lose power.  Canned foods probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.  I guess that means and after school trip to the store. 

So we've been quite busy around here the past couple days.  Lots of activity going on in a lot of areas.  I try to stay calm by focusing on my Comforter, Jesus!  He's always there when I need to talk, and He always knows just what I need to hear!  I firmly believe that for every problem we face, there is an answer for how to fix it in the Bible.  Try it out.  What troubles are you facing?  Go to biblegateway.com and search for a word that describes your problem.  Then be encouraged as you read stories and verses about it.  Let me know what comes up!!

Until Next Time,

Crunchy Katie

1 comment:

  1. I came over here to follow you because I wanted 2 extra entries in current giveaways at Life with my littles. I know I'm SELFISH, but I see you too live in Maryland and felt the earthquake and now we're expecting a hurricane! I'm honestly looking forward to reading more posts from you. Thanks, A new reader :)

    ReplyDelete